Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What a Twist!

Hey, let me ask you guys and gals a question: Do you care about the gender of your game's character? I mean, do you ever find yourselves annoyed that Link isn't a girl? Ok, bad example, since Link is pretty like a girl, and kills bad guys with a boomerang like a girl (or maybe that's just a West Coast thing, I don't know). Or how about "Q*berta", "Duchess Nukem" and "Jack Valentine"?

Well, even though a lot of newer games are a bit more progressive about customizing protagonists to a player's specifications, many of gaming's classic characters are locked inside whatever body was originally coded for them. Until now, anyway.



Thomas Landry over at nerdbastards.com has created a full series featuring famous game characters re-imagined as the opposite gender, and they are pretty damn awesome. My personal favorite has got to be Lady Kratos. If I can figure out between now and October how to stuff my ridiculous hair into a bald cap, I'm totally going as her for Halloween.

5 comments:

Tim Mackie said...

Personally, I'm a big fan of Larry Croft in there.

Dan the Man said...

Heh. Don't forget Seamus Aran.

Annie Wright said...

Or Aeric Gainsborough, florist.

Jay said...

Lady Kratos looks like Jack from Mass Effect 2 so, yeah, also my favorite of the lot.

Neal said...

There was a female Spartan in DOA4...