Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Review

"This is Persia!" (actual achievement name)
Hey wouldja look at that? My review of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is now up at Paste. It got delayed through several twists of fate, not least of which was the fact that it took me a couple weeks longer than expected to finish the game. If only I could press RB and rewind time...

The good news is that by now, the game can be found on half.com for cheap. It really is quite fun, and worth picking up for the platforming sections alone. Definitely worth $20-$30, particularly for fans of the series. Check out my review, would you?

I mean what I say in the closing paragraph - to me, Forgotten Sands felt as close to the fabled "definitive" Prince game as Ubisoft has come. If they can just get a worthwhile, substantial story in there and either tighten up the combat or remove it entirely, they'll finally have a real winner.

Lastly, I hope we're all on the same page here, but just for the record: Yuri Lowenthal > Nolan North.
blog comments powered by Disqus