Saturday, December 11, 2010

An Anniversary, and a Thank-You

Wow, you guys, it's been a year. A year! Today marks Gamer Melodico's first birthday, or our one-year "Blogoversary," if you'd prefer. Looking back on it, our very first post was pretty funny.

Dear Past-Kirk: I am pleased to to inform you that yes, it will indeed be fun.

We'll probably do a roundup of all the junk you might've missed closer to the end of the year, but for now, I just wanted to say on behalf of all of us what a pleasure it has been to write for and chat with all of you lovely people. I don't think any of us quite anticipated how much fun this was going to be, or where it would wind up taking us!

Special thanks to everyone who has given love, links, and inspiration over the year—Ben, Eric, Ian and everyone else at Critical Distance, David Carlton, Mitch Krpata, Simon Ferrari, Chris Dahlen, Ian Bogost, Jason Killingsworth; Stephen, Brian and Lauren at Kotaku; Kieron Gillen, Tom Bissell, Leigh Alexander, Gus Mastrapa, Brian at Under Culture, Jorge and Scott at XP, Sparky Clarkson, Brad Gallaway; Alex, Twyst and all the tireless crusaders at The Border House; Denis Farr, Steve Gaynor, Matthew Wasteland, Ryan Kuo, Ashelia at Hellmode, Dan Bruno, Steven O'Dell, John Teti, Nels Anderson and of course, the Brainy Gamer himself, Michael Abbott.

On a personal note, I wanted to say thanks for reading. I was looking back at my creative output this year and realized that I haven't finished a lot of the projects I've been working on—dozens of songs are partially written, arrangements are sketched out, projects in mid-swing, and several schemes and plans remain in their early stages. And then I looked at Melodico, at the 101 (!!) posts I wrote this year and the dozens of great posts by my co-writers, and I realized: This has been my creative output for 2010.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to come by, read our stuff, and talk to us about videogames. You guys have made it one hell of a fun year.
blog comments powered by Disqus